Press and Media
Sustainable food production and renewable technologies are always in motion, and the same is true for our company. JatroSolutions strives to create innovative and best quality Jatropha curcas L. products.
JatroSolutions was founded in 2005 as an affiliation of the University of Hohenheim in Stuttgart, Germany. Since that time JatroSolutions has been researching on Jatropha Curcas L., a perennial shrub which is drought tolerant and thus can be used in regions with limited water availability. The company’s purpose is to promote green energy production solutions based on Jatropha. It sells high-quality Jatropha seedlings while offering professional guidance for cultivators spread all over the world. Recently, JatroSolutions has extended its activities to promote an edible Jatropha nut called Chuta® in a sustainable manner. The nut is characterised by high protein and low carbohydrate contents and can serve as an ideal vegetable protein source.
Download our company brochure here.
Here you find press releases and additional material about Jatropha and its utilisation:
ENGLISH MEDIA COVERAGE
- FoodNavigator: Nutrient-rich newcomer nut hopes to hit European retail shelves after EFSA approval – 26.01.2022
- FoodNavigator: A perfect fit’ for plant-based products: Chuta nuts are coming to Europe – 20.08.2018
- FoodNavigator: 'Ideal for relishes, jams and juices’: Haskap berries gain novel food approval – 24.08.2018
GERMAN MEDIA COVERAGE
- Aachener Nachrichten: Auf der Jatropha-Pflanze ruhen große Hoffnungen - 20.01.2019
- Deutschlandfunk: Arabien droht der Hitzkollaps - 12.11.2017
- NDR: Forscher entwickelt Fischfutter aus Jatropha - 14.08.2017
- University of Hohenheim: Carbon Farming 24.04.2015
- Bioökonomie BW: JatroSolutions: Öl aus der Jatropha-Pflanze für Biosprit und mehr - 26.01.2015
- Stuttgarter Zeitung: Bio-Sprit für Flugzeuge - 24.10.2014
- EnBW: Lufthansa wird Entwicklungspartner von EnBW Start-up - 19.09.2014
- Spektrum.de: Mit Jatropha wird die Lebensqualität steigen - 06.02.2013
- Stuttgarter Zeitung: Carbon Farming - 31.07.2013
TV Broadcast: Abenteuer Wissen - 26.02.2014