Our breeding objectives are determined by the traits that define the economic success of jatropha growers. Therefore, we pursue the following major objectives:
- To increase jatropha yield and yield stability across environments and years.
- To increase oil content in seeds of jatropha for use as biofuel feedstock.
- To increase protein content in kernels of edible jatropha, which is free from toxins and antinutrients, for use as food and feed.
- To improve performance of jatropha under arid and marginal growing conditions.
- To improve plant physiology (plant height, fruit retention, flowering and production behavior, etc.) for optimization of harvest and agronomic management.
- To improve tolerance to diseases and pests.